My name is Barbara Reed and I am a freelance event professional.
I am a determined individual with entrepreneurial spirit, who loves helping businesses and charities organise events.
I am bilingual in English and German, have an Event Management Degree and experience in a range of different event settings in both the UK and across Europe.
Event experience includes
- Arranged 1000’s of face to face meetings between business leaders for the Global Meetings
- Programme and delivery of the on site Meetings Lounge at large scale Exhibitions including:
- Medtech, Health Technology, Stuttgart
- IFSEC, Security & Fire, London
- CPHI, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Madrid
- PSI, Promotional Product Industry, Düsseldorf
- Delivery of UK wide B2C promotional events for Liftshare.
- Event Executive for international charity challenge event ‘The Alps Challenge’ on behalf of Disabled Motoring UK and working for local marketing company TLC.
- Freelance engagement organising a conference day for the Norfolk & Suffolk Dementia Alliance.
- Event Organiser for the Genome Analysis Centre, coordinating in house training events and delivering international exhibition presence in Berlin and the USA.
- Freelance engagement for UEFA Champions League at Arsenal Football Club as the Accreditations Assistant for VIP and Media before being promoted to Local Assistant.
- Security Team Leader at Lord’s Cricket Ground during the summer Olympics in London 2012, as well as the Paralymics in Eaton Dorney.
- Travel and Logistics Co-ordinator for acclaimed production agency The Production Bureau.
- Project lead of ‘employability’ event at City College’s StartUp Lounge. This concept was also presented to HRH, The Duke of York, during the open entrepreneurship day.